A NOTE FROM THE OREGON CLUB OF PORTLAND
Dear Oregon Club of Portland Members and Friends,
It is with a heavy heart that we must inform you of the Oregon Club of Portland's dissolution and transition of all future events.
After months of back and forth between the Oregon Club of Portland (OCOP) and the Duck Athletic Fund staff (DAF) / Athletic Department (AD) we were unable to come to a mutually agreeable solution for our working partnership.
Therefore, the Duck Athletic Fund will be taking over planning, management, finances, and execution of all future OCOP events. They will do so in partnership with the University of Oregon Donor Relations.
- The Oregon Club of Portland's legal status as a nonprofit corporation and tax exemption status under IRS 501(c)(3).
- Events after 2018 and Signing Day 2019 will not be affiliated with the Oregon Club of Portland.
- Employment of all OCOP staff. Duties and positions of all OCOP officers and the board of directors.
- Communication and Marketing from the Oregon Club of Portland, including social media presence and the weekly Duck Talk newsletter.
- Oregon Club of Portland Tailgaters at Autzen Stadium.
What's Not Ending?
- Membership will be honored through the end of 2018.
- Sponsorship of the remaining events by our gracious friends and alumni at Regence BlueCross BlueShield & Parr Lumber.
- Exclusive access to Oregon Athletics Coaches, staff, and past players at fun events with fellow Duck Athletic Supporters.
- Our support for the student-athletes and common goal of promoting and furthering the general welfare of the University.
Thank you to all of our supportive and generous members past and present, all our board members many with decades of service, those that have spent countless hours of work on the organization, our wonderful staff, hardworking volunteers, trade partners, and our sponsors who have kept the organization thriving for so many years.
A special thanks to Anusha Joseph, the heart of the Oregon Club of Portland.
We hope the University of Oregon can count on your continued support in the future once our transition is complete.
2018 Board President, Oregon Club of Portland est. 1946
Please visit our website for upcoming changes to our contact information www.oregonclubofportland.com